5. Notice is given pursuant to Minn. Stat. 302A.727.
Michael D. Johnson
Frundt & Johnson, Ltd.
117 West 5th Street
P.O. Box 95
Blue Earth, MN 56013
August 5, 12, 19, 26, 2013
JULY 2, 2013
1. All members were present. The pledge of allegiance was recited.
2. Approved synopsis and official proceedings of June 18, 2013 regular meeting and Board of Equalization.
3. Approved agenda of July 2, 2013.
4. Approved an SSTS loan to Nancy Long and Clemens Legried on Parcel No. 08.034.0200 for $10,235.60.
5. Approved hiring Morgan Frandle of Blue Earth as temporary clerical in the County Attorney's office effective June 27, 2013.
6. Approved hiring Lori Olson of Kiester for the B21 Secretary position in the Recorder's office effective July 8, 2013.
7. Approved hiring I&S Group of Mankato to provide a plan for courthouse repairs.
8. Approved a 60-month lease at $127.00 per month with River Bend Business Products of Mankato for a Lexmark XS796de MFP copier in the County Attorney's office.
9. Approved an abatement of $1,456 to Eldo & JoAnn Ovrebo on Parcel No. 03-004-0601 in Brush Creek Township for taxes payable in 2013.
10. Approved low bid for bituminous paving of $847,397.25 from Southern MN Construction Co. Inc. One other bid from Ulland Brothers, Inc. of $847,795.00 was received.
11. Approved Resolution 13-RB07-20 to enter into an agreement with the State of Minnesota to compensate the county for roads used as detour routes for Trunk Highway 169 construction. Commissioners Groskreutz, Loveall, Roper, Warmka, and Young voted yes.
12. Roper motion to implement wheelage tax for 2014 died for lack of a second.
13. Approved abatement of delinquent taxes totaling $1,423.68 on properties where the mobile home no longer exists.
14. Approved request of M. Gormley, J. Anderson, and T. Hanevik to attend a 4-day jail administrator conference in Brainerd; K. Campbell and A. Hanson to a 2-day juvenile placement facilities visit.
15. Approved payment bills totaling $1,124,314.77.
Discussion was held concerning the following:
1. L. Bosma met regarding SSTS business.
2. D. Fellows met regarding central services business.
3. M. Stindtman met regarding soil and water/planning and zoning business.
4. J. McDonald met regarding public works business.
Complete minutes are on file in the Central Services Office.
The meeting was recessed to Drainage Authority meeting.
Greg Young, Chairman
John Thompson, Auditor/
August 5, 2013